As of 6th June 2014
For the purpose of this personal data notice, the terms “personal data” and “processing” shall have the meaning prescribed in the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (hereinafter referred to as the “Act”) and references to “Bursa”, “our”, “us” or “we” refer to Bursa Malaysia Berhad and its related companies.
This personal data notice serves to inform you how your personal data that is collected from this website is being processed by or on behalf of Bursa.
The personal data processed by us may include your name, NRIC No. or any other form of identification, contact details, email address, username, password, the relevant services provided to you and any other personal data required for the purposes set out in paragraph 3 below.
Your personal data may be used for the following purposes (“Purposes”):
- To communicate with you.
- To fulfill any contractual obligation we may have to you.
- To obtain feedback and/or to enable the resolution of a concern or complaint.
- To provide investor and other capital market education events and activities or information regarding those activities;
- To assess the preferences and profiles of individuals and to personalize services or marketing activities;
- To conduct research for analytical purposes including but not limited to data mining and analysis of your usage of this website;
- To provide you with information on our and third party products and services which may be of interest to you;
- To conduct checks for the detection, prevention and prosecution of any crime, offence or breach of any law, regulations or rules;
- To comply with any directive, law, court order, subpoena, government request, or other legal process; and
- For any other purpose that is incidental or ancillary or in furtherance to the above purposes.
Consistent with the choice you make when providing your personal data, your personal data may be used by Bursa or any third parties, including its market participants or business partners (“Third Party Provider”) to provide you with information on our and third party products, services and special offers and promotions via various means including e-mail. You may, at any time, instruct Bursa to discontinue sharing your personal data with Third Party Providers and/or not to use your personal data to provide you with information, special offers, and promotions by unsubscribing to the e-mail or contacting the person described in item 5 below.
You may access and request for correction of your personal data. Please contact us using any of the following modes if you have any enquiries or complaints in respect of your personal data:
In accordance with the Act:
- we may charge a fee for processing your request for access; and
- we may refuse to comply with your request for access or correction in accordance with the Act.
Your personal data may be disclosed to:
- our parent company, subsidiaries, related and associated companies;
- our licensees, co-organisers of events, business partners, market participants, agents, contractors and service providers;
- the Securities Commission, Bank Negara Malaysia, the Police, the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission or any other supervisory, governmental or relevant authority or governmental instrumentality;
- any person to whom Bursa is under an obligation to make disclosure under the requirements of any law binding on Bursa and for the purposes of any directive or
- guidelines issued by regulatory or other authorities with which Bursa or any of its subsidiaries are expected to comply;
- auditors, professional firms or entities; and
- any other persons that may be relevant to the business and functions of Bursa Malaysia,
notwithstanding that any such persons may be outside Malaysia, or disclosed for any of the above Purposes or any other purpose for which your personal data was to be disclosed at the time of its collection or any other purpose directly related to any of the above Purposes or where such disclosure is required or authorised by law or an order of a court.
Unless otherwise specified by us at the time the personal data is collected, it is obligatory that you supply us with the personal data requested for by us.
If you fail to supply to us the above personal data, we may not be able to carry out the Purpose for which you have provided us the personal data.
Your personal data may be transferred to a place outside Malaysia.
In the event of any inconsistency between the English version and the Bahasa Malaysia version of this notice, the English version shall prevail over the Bahasa Malaysia version.
Bursa reserves the right to amend this Personal Data Notice at any time and the updated notice will be posted on this website or via any other mode Bursa views suitable.
By providing to us your personal data, you hereby consent to the processing of your personal data in accordance with all of the foregoing.